This Request for Supplier Qualification Supplier Qualification(“RFSQ”) is an invitation by the University of Guelph (the University) to prospective proponents to submit non-binding proposals to become part of a Vendor Of Record (VOR) for the provision of External Relations Services.
The University External Relations (ER) department consists of Alumni Affairs and Development, Communications and Public Affairs, and Government and Community Relations. The key responsibilities of the ER department are:
- Leading the development of public and private philanthropic support for the University
- Overseeing university wide communications and public affairs
- Providing oversight and direction in communications and marketing strategies,
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with the University’s key stakeholders, including government, community and public, to enhance connectivity and engagement.
As the University’s central department managing the University’s external relations and overall marketing strategy, the ER department has a need to engage reliable and experienced external consultants for public relations and marketing projects from time to time. Currently, when the need for expertise in these areas is identified, the ER department would look at a couple of options. First, we would look at the possibility of providing the required services through internal resources such as existing employees who have expertise in these areas or possibly new hire of permanent full-time positions.
The ER department is looking to take a more consistent and efficient approach to address the University’s needs for engaging external resources by issuing this RFSQ. The purpose of this RFSQ is to generate a list of pre-qualified suppliers that the University’s ER department as well as other departments can turn to when there is a project to be worked on.
The University is looking for suppliers who are able to provide consulting and professional services for the following categories:
- Crisis Management
- Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Stakeholder Engagement
Key Deliverables Include:
For each new engagement request, under the established VOR agreement, the successful proponent is expected to:
- Respond to service request and provide confirmation of availability
- Conduct detailed needs analysis and cost estimate
- Provide a written proposal to respond to Client’s service request
- Enter into a service agreement with Client as required
- Assign highly skilled, reliable resource(s) for the type and length of engagements based on the requirements as outlined in individual engagement proposal, until work completed and signed off
- Perform all work as detailed in the particular service agreement
- Provide invoices and supporting documentation as required
- Conduct a post assignment review
- Any changes for engagement services will be done through properly documented Change Request orders process (post service agreement signing)
- Dedicated sales representative to manage contract and client requirements where requested by Client
The term of the VOR agreement is to be for a period of three (3) years.
All proposals submitted are to be in English only.
Interested proponents are to download the complete RFSQ documents free of charge at the University’s public purchasing portal https://uoguelph.bonfirehub.ca (the Portal).
To contact the University or ask questions in relation to this RFSQ, proponents must register with the Portal and initiate the communication electronically through the Opportunity Q&A of the Portal.
Registration is free of charge. The University will not accept any prospective proponent’s communications by any other means.
Participating proponents are to submit proposals by uploading documents electronically to the Portal https://uoguelph.bonfirehub.ca. The University will not accept paper, fax or email submission.
There will be no public opening of tenders for this RFSQ. The award of the RFSQ will be posted at the Portal.
This procurement is subject to Chapter Five of the Canadian Free Trade Agreement.