NOTE – Manitoba Hydro will only consider responses submitted by a Qualified Supplier with an effective Framework Agreement for Engineering Services for Service Category 16 - Structural
Scope of Work:
Manitoba Hydro (MH) has fall protection infrastructure installed at the Grand Rapids and Jenpeg Generating Stations, including at the Kiskitto Inlet and Outlet Control Structures. An exhaustive inventory does not exist for these installations and the necessary supporting documentation is either absent or suspected to be deficient, jeopardizing MH’s compliance with The Workplace Safety and Health Regulation, M.R. 217/2006 and potentially other applicable regulations, standards, codes, and manufacturer requirements.
The Consultant is to perform a review and assessment, including site inspection, of all existing installations and revise and produce documentation, as required, to facilitate MH’s compliance with applicable regulations, standards, codes, and manufacturer requirements (e.g. The Workplace Safety and Health Regulation, M.R. 217/2006, CSA-Z259.16-15 Design of Active Fall-Protection Systems, DBI Sala User Instruction Manual D-Ring Anchorage Connector, etc.).
The Consultant is to:
- review the existing documentation provided by MH (refer to the Attachments section);
- identify, collect, and review all applicable regulations, standards, codes, and manufacturer documentation (e.g. instruction manuals, certifications, data sheets, etc.);
- meet with Site staff to identify any undocumented installations and clarify the requirement and frequency of use for each existing installation;
- perform and document a site inspection for each existing installation, including a minimum of one photo per installation and details such as location, installation type, manufacturer (as applicable), serial number (as applicable), date of inspection, inspector, pass/fail, condition, and frequency of use (as indicated by Site staff), and recommendations;
- revise the inventory of existing installations (refer to Attachments section) such that it is exhaustive based on the existing documentation provided by MH and the observations from the site inspections;
- identify and indicate deficiencies for each installation, the specific requirement (e.g. regulation, standard, etc.) not met, whether the installation must be immediately removed from service, and recommended actions (e.g. replacement of an installation, repair of an installation, revisions of an existing drawing, production of a new drawing, etc.);
- revise existing drawings as per the recommended actions, subject to MH review and approval;
- produce drawings as per the recommended actions, subject to MH review and approval;
- provide a Draft Assessment Report;
- revise the Draft Assessment Report upon receipt of MH’s comments; and
- provide a Final Assessment Report.
The Assessment Report must include, at a minimum:
- a section identifying the regulations, standards, codes, and manufacturer documentation reviewed for this assignment and which are applicable to MH’s existing installations;
- the revised exhaustive inventory of existing installations including, without limitation, location, installation type, Anchor ID, date of inspection, inspector, inspection pass/fail, inspection photo(s), condition, recommendations, and references to applicable MH drawing number(s), regulation(s), code(s), standard(s), and manufacturer document(s);
- site inspection photos, appropriately labeled and/or logged for reference to each existing installation;
- the list of identified deficiencies for each installation including, the specific requirement not met, whether the installation must be immediately removed from service, and recommended actions;
- revised existing drawings as per the recommended actions, subject to MH review and approval; and
- new drawings as per the recommended actions, subject to MH review and approval.
Each drawing revised or produced by the Consultant must include, at a minimum:
- general information including load rating and intended use;
- material listing and requirements;
- installation requirements;
- instructions for use including qualification of personnel and intended rescue methodology;
- maintenance requirements;
- inspection requirements including qualification of personnel and type and frequency of inspection; and
- identification of applicable reference documentation.
The following is a summary of the deliverables described herein and the corresponding required file formats:
- the Assessment Report is to be provided in PDF/A format and the associated Microsoft Word document(s) (i.e. .docx filetype);
- the revised exhaustive inventory of existing installations is to be provided in Microsoft Excel format (i.e. .xlsx filetype);
- the site inspection photos are to be provided in their native format (e.g. .jpeg or similar filetype) and resolution; and
- drawings are to be provided in PDF/A formats and the associated AutoCAD format (i.e. .dwg filetype).